A Fix for Sadness

 Image:  Creative Commons license 2.0. Photo by knackeredhack.

I came up with something simple and brilliant that fit the occasion of not having posted in so long! Perhaps it will be a salve for those of us who are blessed with living well from the fruits of the earth and the labors of the people both here and abroad. 2017 will be a year to keep fighting for what's right and makes America beautiful:  our diversity and the opportunity we offer outsiders.

But here's what I told my daughter:  When you are feeling sad, you can always:  Check the avocados!

  • And don't forget, if you buy them in those plastics or string mesh bags, be sure to cut up the bag into very small pieces so that once in the waste stream, they don't end up around the necks or in the guts of sea or bird life.
Wait, so hold the banana phone! As I was writing, I thought I would confirm the plural spelling of avocados. Yes, I was adding an "e" before the final "s." I should go to the "Majors Related to English Dungeon" for even having had to check. 

This is also a lovely piece on the history of this amazing fruit, from the Atlantic.

I just have to ask:   what might happen if a wall gets built? I'll leave that task to the cartoonists.

As you read the end of this post, think about our relationship with Mexico as a nation right now. Take as much time as you need.

Comments