Seeing Your Own Words in Print


In January of this year, I learned a piece I'd submitted about Oakland had been accepted by Erika Mailman, editor of this fantastic anthology of stories from all the neighborhoods of Oakland. In additon to poems and stories from 30 some Oakland neighborhoods, she compiled poetry and photos and history for each neighborhood. If you love Oakland and cherish the stories of it's history, culture and architecture, this book is a must for you.

My story which, now that I reread it isn't awful (why are we so critical of ourselves sometimes?), is just okay but has the auspicious placement as the book's first story- since it's about Adams Point, which comes first alphabetically. Yikes! At least it was written in love, even though I hardly spent enough time writing it for it to even qualify as a labor.

To buy the book, click here.

Comments