Drama Streams Backward


This promises to be one of the richest, most fertile Halloween seasons we've lived through in a long time. It's a time to look backward and apparently, act backward as well. There is a plethora of darkness to choose from.

The last time I got an October post out was to celebrate Ada Lovelace in the form of a pie. It was baked to help us recognize how important women are to our history--and still are.

I thought you should know, or be reminded.

There are a series of real-life dramas brewing that I don't think even Netflix's production studios will be able to keep up with. And they'll be streaming, in real-time. No fees will be charged.

We are all subscribers now.

Growing up I had drama all around me. Between my parents, created by my parents. Drama was life, an experience to really help them be in touch with being alive. Uh...thanks guys, thanks so much for including me.

Like the Impossible Dream, we as a nation are on a quest. Right from wrong. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Gerry Medanic as Don Quixote, Man of La Mancha, 1985
My Dad as Don Quixote
Recently, I heard something I've lived and known all my life but had never heard anyone recognize it for what it was. When women cry, we are not necessarily sad. Tears can be a sign of anger, or rage. But because we have the control to manage it, it turns into tears. There have been a lot of tears this month. We're not even a week in to "Rocktober!" I'd like to know where you got the notion...to rock the boat.

We are continuing to spiral through Underwakening.

But the journey is the destination, as they say. Ugh really? How can you pick up the pen and support the sounds of expression that will sustain resilience and perseverance? 


Lady liberty needs us. Badly.


Remember, from darkness and feeling smothered, you could in actuality be a seed getting ready to burst forth like this amaryllis belladonna does every Fall. It crashes the scene totally out of the blue and bursts forth:



Comments