July 12th, All Night Long

As iPad notifications from Facebook wall postings stung the click...click and clickety :: clack :: click clack of my morning work routine, I realized it would indeed be July 12th all night long (all day too!).  :P

But the last thing I can do right now is 'throw away the work to be done.' Richie's work day world conceptualizations of 1983 are so not the reality 29 years later. Work and life are intermingled and events in one lead to ripple effects in the other.

My take on today? 41 ain't so frickin' bad. Here's my selection of hand curated birthday sentiments- may those of you also celebrating be as blessed.

A song wafting from a car in a parking lot today. Man what a fab entertainer he was!


...Everybody sing, everybody dance
Lose yourself in wild romance
We're going to Party, Karamu, Fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along!
We're going to Party, Karamu, Fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along!

My dance teacher Heather bestowed these lovely sentiments (the envelope please...)















Inside the envelope- magic dust and options for how to use it. Yep, I'll take the contemplative route. And something to drink from her company Create Your Own Beautiful to remind you beauty is within and without.

























Decorated and lit a bit early given it won't be eaten until tomorrow...my whimsical cake.























I am thankful for family, friends, the Ladies of Forty (some of whom I saw again after 9 months earlier this week!) and all the blessings that enable me to dance the night away (at Hipline in Berkeley and Oakland--more coming about those fabulous ladies soon...)

Comments