It's the Giving That Makes You




My dear friend Ana is fighting breast cancer. So I attended my friend Marie's Rally Around the Ribbon fundraiser a couple of weeks ago. When I asked her how much this sculpture was, she pulled the torso off the wall and handed it to me. "Here, take it." Simultaneosly startling and beautiful, this sculpture was a gift intended to use art to inspire.

I asked several times with tears in my eyes if she was sure, Marie said, "Well, what am I going to do with it?" She said it was waiting for a way to be out there in the world inspiring those facing breast cancer. Normally these things sell for $400 and up. Indeed. The torso will become the mascot for the BAYS cancer support group.

Perhaps Jethro Tull's "Wond'ring Aloud" says it all. More about Marie's work.

Comments